Monday 8 August 2011

Trying new techniques

Good evening all,
I'm being a little daring and dabbling with new techniques, and having great fun doing so.

I have created the following card for two challenges

and here it is (sorry the photo isn't too good)

Autumnal distress

I used masking tape, post-it masks, perfect medium, clear embossing powder, a freebie leaf stamp, a second-hand leaf stamp, a second-hand butterfly stamp, and a sentiment stamp (can't remember what set), Distress ink pads and rust coloured ribbon (out of a top).
The butterfly is double embossed.

I'm rather pleased with the outcome considering it is my first attempt at this one layer technique, yes I know, adding the butterfly gives an extra layer but otherwise it's flat.
I shall definately be having more goes at this method.

Hope you all have a lovely evening

Buffy x

5 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Buffy - you know that I just love one layer cards - such a challenge!! I think this is super - great colours, feels a little autumnal! The butterfly is really sweet.

Danni said...

Great card! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card - it looks like it has such depth too. Thanks for joining our challenge at Dream Valley. xx

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm also a huge fan of the one layer card Buffy and you've made yours seem really dimensional with your masking effects. I love it! Vx

melsanford said...

Lovely card! Love the distressing :-) Thankyou for joining us at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...