Wednesday 10 January 2024

Chilly

 I hope everyone had a super New year. 

We don't do the whole party thing, hubby and youngest don't like the noise of parties (that's the beauty of Aspies) but we toast in the new year then pray the fireworks will stop. Easy answer is to put on an old Godzilla film and when I say old I'm not joking, we have the original 1954 film and it's amazing. We have dozens of old Godzilla films that are older than me!!

BUT

we're here to craft are we not. Over at Sisterhood of Crafters we are a little chilly, our theme this time is 

Icy Cold

yes we would like to see all your cold creations. I've experimented with paste for this one


Yes I made my own glitter paste, using glue and glitter. Yeah I know that just sounds like gluing then sprinkling glitter but I decided to mix them togeher first and see how it would work with one of my favourite stencils.

Now it dried quite thin, which I think is a good thing, it did leak under the stencil in a few places too.

NOW! The downside, I got glitter everywhere when I started stirring it together. It's going to take a few months to finally get it all vacuumed up 🙄Thank goodness I have a crafting shed to do this experimenting in 😂

But hey, that's what crafting is all about, messy experimenting and have fun.

Please drop by and leave some love for our lovely ladies, HERE

Back soon with more crafting craziness

Hug & Happy thoughts

Buffy xx


6 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a fun play day you had making your own glitter glue. I don't mind the tiny leaks because, hey, it snowflakes.

Chris said...

Love your glittery sparkling snowflakes! Making your own glitter glue sounds like fun but I can imagine how far the glitter went- a little goes a long, long way ....and stubbornly resists efforts to clean it up... looks so pretty though!
xx

Lia said...

Snowflakes allo ver...that's icy indeed!
Lia xx

Diane said...

Beautiful card with your glittery goodness, when I use glitter my cats sparkle for days lol!!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful!

Kristin Sluhan said...

Your experiment turned out fantastic! Never thought of using just glue with the stencil...inspiration!! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...