Sunday 2 June 2019

Sharing is Caring And a challenge

So I was look through my blog when I realised that one of the things I love to do isn't very well represented on here.

Sewing

I love to sew and yet I haven't shared this with all of you. So you may have noticed a new tab at the top of my page.

I'm going to try and be a bit braver and share my sewing triumphs and tragedies. If fact let's start with a minor mistake I made this morning.

This is my first attempt at creating a box bag, but I think I got my dimensions a little wrong. AND I forgot to put the handles on before I sewed the top to the bottom. But it isn't a complete disaster and that is the important thing.

I'm going to finish it off with a thermal liner and then work out how to attach the handles. It will make a good little lunch bag for work.

I think I will try to make another one, but this time I will double check all my measurements. Probably try to make one that will fit 2 small takeaway tubs. (I like to reuse them for leftover, save the planet one tub at a time).

I will be updating the Sewing tab on a regular basis from now on. 
In fact I will update all my tabs as and when I have new stuff to share.

But now let's talk card-making, so Colour Throwdown have a lovely colour challenge on that I thought I would enter.

I like these colours, their gentle and natural. I had a stamp set I hadn't used and figured this was the perfect opportunity to use it.
Please excuse the photo the flash wasn't working. This is "Scent with Love" stamp set from Hunkdory. I have used the beige colour on the wreath wood, with apple cider green leaves. I have put liquid crystal drops on the berries of the wreath

I have felt so much better since I have made more time for crafting hobbies again. Wish I could spend more time sewing, crocheting and card-making but hopefully one day soon.

Hugs & Happy Thoughts
Buffy xx

2 comments:

Valerija said...

Beautiful work as always!!!
Wonderful card and I love your sewing too.
Have a great week.
Valerija xx

Broni said...

Such pretty images and a great card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...