Monday 17 June 2019

Saving a friend in need

Well now, how many times have you accepted a job from someone you work with and then wonder what the heck you were thinking?

My lovely friend from work was asked if she could make a bathrobe out of Beer Mats. Yeah, beer mats! You know what's even worse than beer mats? A bag full of beer mats (40 of the blooming things) and only a few are the exact same size..........Yeah you heard me, beer mats are not a standard size...who knew!!

Yes, I agreed to help her create it, and why?
Because I'm slightly more insane than she is 😂

This is a small sample of all the mats. The 5 mats in the middle will make up the main back section.
As for the rest, I'm still deciding what should go where.

The chap who these belong to has been collecting them for years, and I am really trying to work out how to put it together whilst doing as little damage to them as possible.

Aaaw the joys of being nutty 😁

On the plus side my friend and I had a lovely morning chatting and creating together.

So as well as my daughters cosplay costume, I will be making a bathrobe.
But you will definitely get to see the robe before the tutu.

More sharing to follow shortly

Hugs & Happy Thoughts
Buffy xx

1 comment:

Chris said...

This made me laugh Buffy, brought back memories of when my best friends son was a young soldier...he too collected beer mats then had the brainwave of patching his jeans with them. They were his pride and joy...my friend hated them, kept trying to buy him a new pair to replace them, but he hung onto them for years.
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...