Wednesday 21 September 2022

Autumn is coming

I know I haven't blogged in a while but we have had a lot going on, more of that later.

We are fast aproaching cooler days and darker morning/evening which can only mean one thing

 Autumn

And this is our theme over at Fab'n'Fumky challenges

We want to see your lovely designs in  autumnal colours, all those lovely russets, golds/browns/oranges/yellows

I have gone mainly single layer, except the wee boat.


I started with the sun and slowly worked out from there, remebering to add the suns subdued reflection in the water. I blended the colours out to give a subtle autumnal evening feel.

 The hanging leaves were multi-stamped to give depth, I only used three inks as I didn't want to overpower the central theme.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgh I forgot the boat's shadow. I don't believe it 🤦To late now, I posted it half an hour ago😭

I'm going to blame the fact that I have been out of sorts for weeks now. 

We put our youngest daughter on a plane to Japan the other week, she will be at university in Sapporo for the next year. I know she is perfectly capable of look after herself and that she is pretty fluent in Japanese, but it's a big change. Her Uni here is a 2.5 hr drive away, so if she desperately needed something or was really ill it was quite easy to get there.

Before anyone says it I know she'll be fine and I know I have to stop worrying. This is what being a mum is about, teaching your kids to go out into the big wide world. What's that quote...

 "No one said motherhood would be easy, just that it would be worth it"

And well that is true (ok it's not the actual quote but maybe my version is better

So I'm going to enter 2 competions next year to try to show myself that I can go out into the big wide world too. (More about those on friday)

Hugs & Happy thoughts

Buffy xx

5 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Buf, it's good to be back! It must be hard for you with your daughter so far away, it doesn't matter how many times we tell ourselves that our children are now grown up, independent and capable we still don't really believe it! What an amazing experience for her though, you must be very proud of her.
I love your Autumn card, so tranquil and beautiful especially the way you've captured the light.
xx

Pat said...

Great Autumn scene Buffy, super card.

Pat xx

Pat K said...

This is beautiful Buffy. What an amazing opportunity for your daughter. You must be so very proud. xx

Pat K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

This is gorgeous Buffy and you must be so proud of your daughter hugs Sue x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...