Sunday 22 May 2022

Stuck

 It has been a few mildly miserable weeks. I haven't been able to get down to my craft workshop thanks to this.....

Yes I managed to fracture my ankle when I fell out my back door..........

So it has been wonderful to finally get down to my crafty place and get making.

First make..............

A little summer dress for my granddaughter. 

I found the gorgous daisy print light-weight denim when I was at the Quilt & Stitch village (literally a few days before I fell) and I knew it would be prfect for her.

The bodice I created from a dungaree pattern I had (with a few minor adjustments). I fudged a little pocket design and added bright snaps (that just happened to be the same colour as the yellow fabric).

Of course she couldn't have a sun-dress without a hat sooo.......

I really need to iron out that crease.........

I picked up a few other fabrics whilst I was at the Quilt&Stitch village so depending on how this fits her, I will probably have more cute frocks to share shortly.

Off to put my foot up for a bit.

Hugs & Happy Thoughts

Buffy xx


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

Chris said...

Oh Buf! So sorry you've fractured your ankle- hope it's healing well and not too painful! Glad you managed to get to your craft room - the little dress you made for your granddaughter is so sweet, love the hat too! I made a similar one for my granddaughter when she was tiny and nearly lost the will to live. There were 16 pieces to sew together and none of them seemed to fit together properly. Eventually finished it(much un-grandmotherly bad language later) it fitted Emmy perfectly and she looked so sweet....she wore it once, threw it out of the buggy when Mummy wasn't looking and we never saw it again!!!!
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...