Sunday 10 January 2021

Goodbye 2020 what a busy year (Part 1)

Happy New Year 2021 

So I really never thought one year could be so busy, but I couldn't have been further from the truth.

January - 

driving youngest back to Uni and then turning around 2 weeks later to pick her up again so we could go to London for a Miku concert. Poor thing was running a fever and a massive migraine BUT as she so eloquently put it " I've paid a bloody fortune for these bloody VIP tickets, no way are we missing it" 

The fever wasn't a problem as the costume I made her left plenty of exposed flesh 🤦 

It's a little hard to tell but there are only two thinnish straps at the back and it's quite low cut.

I'm sure I've mentioned before that this was my nightmare project. I literally cried when I saw the concept art for this.

I think my very first thought was OMG how am I supposed to make this.

Pushed up my sleeves, cried some more, got angry, cried got frustrated, ripped out some flesh-coloured netting material because I just couldn't get it to sew nicely and then more crying and fury.

I entered it into 2020 Dressmaker of the Year Competition, in the cosplay section naturally, which I will talk about when I reach October, but that's all I can say for now.

February - 

Consisted of a lot of cardmaking and a bit of crocheting and patiently waiting for the arrival of our first grandchild.

I worried about my eldest daughter constantly. She just a tiny thing, so the closer she got to her due date the more nervous I got. Some people might think it is a little cruel but Anne's health & well-being were the only thing I cared about at the time.

My sis-in-law turned 60.

March - 

Our granddaughter arrived safe and sound at a nice healthy 6lb.


My lovely daughter didn't get the water birth she wanted but she and little one were safe and well.

So nothing else mattered.

Son-in-law was beaming for weeks.


Hubby turned 50 just after lockdown, so annoyed as I had a fabulous joint party planned for him and his sister (mentioned above). 




It is also the month I handed my craft-room over to my husband so he could have an office to work from.

And Mawgan was now home from Uni.

April - 

Had to go back up to the Uni to collect Mawgan's belonging, all classes are now online so a little bit pointless her having to spend any more money on basic living.

Ah, the month I became a Scrubberdubber. I know that sounds strange now but getting out my sewing machine and overlocker to make hundreds of Masks, Skullcaps and Scrubs was a wonderful way of passing the time.

Yes, the dining table became a production area. Here's just a sample of it all.



Plus, lots of shopping for others. It's amazing how many people can get so terrified to leave their homes to do some so simple as shop. But someone has to step up, and looking round it seemed like no one from a certain age range were going to. 

But it was also when we discover that the people you've never really gotten to know very well, turn out to be the best neighbours you could have every wished for. So I want to toast Joe & Julie for being the best neighbours on earth.

May - 

More masks, a lot of cardmaking and quite a bit of crochet. 

More of shopping for others too. 

Also I made a top/dress for my granddaughter


June - 

More sewing masks, caps & scrubs. I also helped out our group leader by collect all the scrubs sewn by our group, after her poor daughter's foot was reversed over by a taxi. 

And of course a crocheted Bee or 2

More sewing and crochet  

I left the pattern for the little cones in a post back in June

Part 2 coming soon

Hugs & Happy Thoughts

Buffy xx

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Well those 6 months flew by lol. You have been busy. Look forward to the next part x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...