Saturday 24 October 2020

CAS Colours

 What a busy week

Cards, curtains, sewing and building the SHE SHED....yippee. Unfortunately the shed isn't quite finished 😭 the good old-fashioned British weather decided to put a dampener on our hard graft. 


I am entering this little creation into the CAS Colour & Sketch challenge, this is a colour challenge and the colours were yummy


As always it also has to been CAS and this gave me the perfect excuse to experiment with one of my forgotten dies.

I wanted to create a unisex card, because there is always that birthday you only remember at the last moment.
I had this lovely musical die collecting dust, but it works so well with a darker underlay. I used SU crumb cake ink and a WHS birthday sentiment. The ribbons were also long forgotten stash.

It's so nice when you finally find a project for old stash.

I was so inspired by the colours that I also created a girly Non-CAS versions

See how one small colour palette can create to extremely different card. Here the stamped (LOTV vintage heart) image is crumb cake and the sentiment is in night of navy. The small love-heart pendent die-cut is in dapper denim. 
I used kraft cardstock for the main card, layered the colours in dark to pale and cut them level with the edge of the card.
The flowers were cut with a TL flower die from the 2018 TL Advent calender. And of course they had to have corresponding gem centres.

Back soon with more sharing

Hug & Happy thoughts
Buffy xx
  

2 comments:

Tammy said...

very pretty!!

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

Card? What card? Caught a glimpse of those Crispies first thing! Did you say a Salted Caramel Crispies recipe is on the horizon? I can hardly contain myself, add me to the list! Now on to the card, I LOVE it.My kids and I are musically inclined (we all play piano) so this card resonates with me, as do the Crispies. ;-) I also love your 2nd take with our color challenge. Very different mindsets for sure. So glad your entered your name into the hat for our Design Team member call, wishing you the best of luck. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...