Wednesday 20 May 2020

Anything But A Card

Hello Lovey peeps

We have an exciting challenge for you this week over at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. So put away your card-making gear and get ready to make.........


Anything But A Card
(yes we want to see your crafty creations just NO CARDS
you can sew, knit, crochet, clay, paper-mache.....so go wild)

I can honestly say I have been sewing my heart out over the last 6wks. But I haven't made anything for myself or family, so I decided to take a little time to make something special for someone special.

I whipped up this little top for my granddaughter

The adorable love-heart fabric I picked up whilst out on a girly day with my friend Dawn, I rediscovered it in my stash two days ago and instantly knew who I wanted to use it for.

We all know how messy little ones can be so I used the darker jade-coloured fabric for the upper section. But to add a little bit of gentleness to such a strong colour I picked out the peachy pink from the centre of the love-hearts to edge the armholes and bottom.

The most unusual thing about this is I used a pattern with making major adjustments....YES....No major adjustments!!!!.......Menopause I reckon......😂😂😂

Pop over tho see what other makes our wonderful design team have created.

I would also like to give a big shout out to the adorable little shop where I got this fabric "The Corner Patch" in Eccleshall. It is only a tiny shop but friendly and welcoming.

Back soon with more sharing
Hugs & Happy Thoughts
Buffy xx

3 comments:

Judith said...

Aw this is gorgeous Buffy, I love to make 'little clothes' and haven't done a huge amount of sewing for ages. My Mam asked me to make her some new aprons a week or two ago (apparently she need to wear one so she has somewhere to put her hankerchief!!- so it needed a pocket) I eventually found my sewing machine on a shelf in the garage and couldn't remember putting it there at all. Had a right time getting it to sew properly and to cut a long story short I then found the new machine I had bought last year put away at the bottom of my craft cupboard - somehow that says something about me (!) - just not sure what :))) Hope youre doing ok in lockdown xxx

Pat said...

Very pretty dress Buffy, love the heart material.

Pat xx

Suzanne H said...

I've hopped over from Fab n Funky to see your top up close. My Mother used to make my clothes when I first started working and lots of pajamas for her grandkids. Your cute little top reminded me of her today. Thanks so much and take care.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...