Sunday 2 July 2017

Where has 2017 gone???

I'm not afraid to say I think I must have been in a deep sleep because I have no idea how it is July 2017 already!
I am almost certain my youngest daughter only started senior school 5 minutes ago and yet here she is off to her prom
And yes by all accounts that wing was heavy. This is her Hatsune Miku outfit (a japanese vocaloid...I find it easier to smile and agree, otherwise my head hurts....lol)

We are very proud but more so for finding the courage to go to the prom, she suffers from agoraphobia, so going to the prom was a big thing. The fact that she managed to stay for just over an hour is a true acheivement.
It didn't help that someone who was supposed to be a friend told her she was an embarrasment.
But our eldest daughter and her husband, when I told them what happened at the prom started a Facebook appreciation of her, and she got dozens of supportive comments and likes.

BUT when did she get to Prom age.....?????

Last weekend my husband & I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary.....Yes 25 years! How did that happen....lol
I made him a card that I felt represented us and our life together
I got quite brave and stamped the image onto mottled background paper then created a silver underlayer.
"Marriage is a journey and I am so proud to have you as my travel companion"

......yeah yeah I know it's a little bit cheesy but hey......one of us has to be 😁

Here is my lovely man & I at our anniversary dinner

Well, I'm off to bed now.....desparately hoping no-one fast forwards the world again, otherwise I'm never going to catch up

Hugs
Buffy xx

1 comment:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh my goodness Buffy, I SOOOO know what you mean about the fast forward button! I honestly feel like this year has rocketed by. I just can't quite believe where all the time goes! So I'm with you on that, 100%. I think your daughter looks amazing in her outfit. Tell her to do it all again for Comicon, (it's Armagheddon I think here in NZ) she'll be adored!!!! Kids can be so fickle, it hurts more when it's a friend you trust, but that bridge will be burnt now I bet. She should pay them no mind, because of everyone at the ball, she will be remembered for her courage, her individuality and her STUNNING outfit!! I think she totally rocked it!! Love your anniversary card. It's absolutely brilliant and lovely pic of you and hubby. Yay you guys, that's pretty special. Congrats on 'going the distance'. I hope you had a truly lovely celebration. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...