I'm having a bit a a dilema, Mawgan (my youngest) wants me to hire a stall at her schools xmas fair.
But I've never done something like that!! Some of the money you make goes to the school, which is great.
I just don't know if I'm capable of doing it, I've made a start on cards, but how many might I need, how should I package them.......etc,etc,etc.
Anyway enough about dilemas, lets get back to what we all do best.....Papercraft!!
I am writing this in tutorial style. Please excuse me for jumping between imperial and metric.
Here are a batch of xmas cards I've whipped up (in case I do get a stall)
What you'll need;
- A Ruler, preferable with inches one side and cm/mm the other (I've always worked with both, sorry)
- CARDSTOCK - 12x12 kraft, A4 cream, 2cm wide strips of both Riding hood Red and Not quite Nav
- INK - SU Riding hood Red, Not quite Navy and Always Artichoke
- STAMPS - Waltzing Mouse sets: Nordic Winter, 2011 Holiday Ornaments and Say It With Style
- ADHESIVES - Foam tape/pads, doublesided tape/gluemouse
- White Pigment Ink Pen
- A4 Cream paper (cut into 3 3/4 inch strips)
- Scissors, Guilotine, Babywipes(mainly for fingers) and various stamping blocks (gridded ones best)
Please remeber you can substitute the colours and stamps for your favourites.
You start with a 12x12 sheet of krat card. Mark at 4 & 8 inches and cut. (I personally find a large guilotine best for this) and fold in half. (No I didn't stamp it before I folded, but if you mark it at 6 inch you could stamp before you fold)
Using the Nordic Winter stamp I found 8 coloumns to be perfect.
Using a 2cm strip of card (Riding Hood Red Or Not Quite Navy OR alternative) lay it half over the last stamped coloumn.
This creates your quiet space.
Take the white pigment ink pen and place a dot in each of the star shapes and drag it down the outer edge of the strip.
On cream card stamp your baubles, again in the colours mentioned OR alternative, with the greeting stamped in Always Artichoke.
Curl your bauble round your finger just enough to give it some shape, add foam tape and position on front of card at a slight angle.
Now you card is ready for it's insert.
Using the 3 3/4 inch strips of cream paper, fold in half. Position inside card and adhere the front of the insert to the inside front of the card.
Now grab your sentiment and stamp in centre . Then using the colour that matches the outside, stamp a small bauble in the bottom right corner.
HEY PRESTO!! A lovely simple xmas card.
Back real soon